The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

Welcome to New Members

Recently we have welcomed Amy Cohen, Balwyn, Jennifer Coles, Maldon, Ben Fasham, Clayton South, Jo Moulton, Bairnsdale, Scott Murrells, Ashburton, Pat OƇonnell, Clifton Springs, Kay Steventon, Eltham, Todd Lyndon Stuart, Bayswater, Denise Lynch, Bacchus Marsh, Cetta Pilati, Alphington, Fatih Semiz, Brighton, Tas Wansbrough, Ballarat, Aleida Wright, Park Orchards, Mark Doran, Mt Eliza, Diane Thompson, Castlemaine. We saw some of their work at the Flower Show and hope to see more in the future.

From Amy Cohen:
I am a ceramic sculptor based in Melbourne. My works are hand-built out of clay and go through multiple firings to achieve different layers of colours and textures. My forms are inspired by the natural world, sea shells in particular. I find their proportions and fluidity captivating, and feel that my personal interpretations represent a self portrait of my state of mind and emotions at various times in my life.
Amy’s work was highly commended at MIF&GS and you can see an image in this newsletter.
Todd Stuart: "Morphing Shell"

And from Todd Stuart:
After living for 6 years & running a business working on commercial projects in the Dubai market, I returned (11 months ago) to reside full time in Melbourne with my wife & two daughters. I am working full time expanding my career as a sculptor now & Australia is a new market for me to explore again. In this regard I am very happy to get involved & acquainted with the members as a new member of Sculptors Victoria to learn as much as I can & see what I have to offer in this market.

No comments: