The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

President's Letter for October

Dear Members

It is with great pleasure that I write this letter with my sincere congratulations to all the entries in the 2012 Exhibition and Awards. A great effort. The opening went well and the prizes were duly awarded. Congratulations to all the winners.  My special Thanks go to Beatrice Magalotti and all those who helped. Congratulations.


To me the most outstanding aspect of the exhibition apart from the sculptural achievement was the wonderful sense of friendship that was so obvious throughout the set up and opening. There were friendships renewed, friendships begun and friendships continued. I spoke to one member and asked how many  annual exhibitions she had entered. “OOH! I don’t know I’ve lost count.. There were others entering for the first time and others who had not entered for a while but entered again this year. Then there were the members who seeing this exhibition enthusiastically declared they must enter next year.  I looked up friendliness in the Thesaurus and some of the meanings apply so generously to the Association. Helpful, pleasant, welcoming, caring and not fiercely competitive,. I hope you all feel as I do that we have much to gain from being members of this association.

 I am pleased to report that Michael Meszaros’ wife Elspeth is recovering well. As you will see in this news letter we lost a two of old friends Jean Carson Gray and Audrey Dahlstrom. They will not be forgotten by those who knew them. You will also read about one of our newer members Fahti Semiz who came to our October meeting and talked about his work

The next opportunity to catch up with friends will be at our Christmas Party in November.
Hope to see you there.

 Happy Sculpting
 Gillian  Govan

No comments: