The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

President's Letter January 2013

Gillian Govan

Hi All,
I hope you have all have had a wonderful festive season with friends and family and a bit of a rest after the mad build up to Christmas.  I have just returned from a couple of weeks in the country where I worked for short periods in my very, very hot shed. While there I was very aware of the fact that many of our members are country members and some have already been threatened by this bushfire season. I would like to let them know that their friends in the ASV are thinking of them and hoping they and their families will keep safe.


As we start the new sculptural year we look forward to Herring Island, again ably organised by Jenny Rickards.  It is always a challenge to get our work there, but it is a great venue and a good atmosphere to meet fellow sculptors and I look forward to seeing some of our new members there.  Then soon after that entries will be due for the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show.

I have started looking for venues for our Annual Exhibition and Awards later in the year.  Although I have a couple of options my efforts will be wasted if we do not have a coordinator and sub-committee to run the show.

The website is not perfect yet but it is getting there and we are already filling the 2013 calendar with speakers and studio visits for our monthly meetings.

I am looking forward to meeting new members and returned members and would like to thank all those who have already offered their support and help this coming year.

I finish with my very best wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Creative New Year.

All your dreams come true, if you have the courage to pursue them…. WALT DYSNEY

 Happy Sculpting
 Gillian  Govan 

No comments: