The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

After Black Saturday


We received an email from Matt Parsons whose home was destroyed in the Black Saturday Fires of 2009:


Dear ASV,

I have many items that I recovered from my house that burnt down on Black Saturday. These things are just sitting in my house and garage and now I feel that I would like to turn them into something new and interesting and meaningful. Would it be possible to commission someone at ASV to perhaps make something from the items recovered ?

I have what’s left of a piano; the wheels a string, the mechanism for the piano stool, some crockery, some fused marbles, some work tools, door knobs, burnt coins, the mirror from the telescope etc…

It would be great to turn these things into something that can be an object of interest instead of just sitting in the garage collecting more dust…


Sculptors interested in working with Matt can contact him on  mparsons@phosphagenics.com
I would suggest that you get in touch before 15th November - to give him a chance to make a selection.
 
Good luck


Jenny
 

No comments: