The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

The Times are a Changing

cesis
I could not but note with interest that on visiting one of the larger hardware stores that they stock and retail 3d printers. Primarily aimed at the building trade I feel that they will be taken up by the home handyman and also by someone like myself who is constantly on the look out for tools and material to assist me in my creative endeavours.

What a different world this is to that of when the ASV was formed last century. We seem to now inhabit a disparate province where technology rules the waves and if we don’t surf we drown. This has also put art on the back foot especially now considering that art and design has become a household commodity of our consumer society.

This Association encompasses diverse sculptural disciplines both traditional and contemporary. And because we are a broad church we are able to have a discourse as some of us have about what is sculpture.

As president I am keen that the ASV moves forward with the times and throws off the shackles that bind us to the past. It is the young that hold the keys to the future and I believe its this Association’s job to bring them on board.

The AGM takes place on 11th November it will offer an opportunity for you to have your say and I encourage you to do so. As president I am keen to move this Association into the 21st century, My diagnosis is that we are in dire need of a blood transfusion - fresh blood is what is called for. The present committee does an excellent job under the circumstances but I feel that I would like to work with some fresh responsive faces that can give this Association the prestige, clout, drive and respect it deserves. Should that not be forthcoming then I suggest that you need to elect a suitable president. The future is in your hands.
 

Jan Indrans, President

No comments: