The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

Report on the Annual and Awards Exhibition 2015

Although sales were disappointing I believe our 2015 Annual and Awards Exhibition was a great success. I hope all who entered work found it a worthwhile and enjoyable experience and those members who did not enter were inspired to do so next year.


Thanks to all who helped in the organisation, the set up and bump out and sitting of the exhibition. I also thank all entrants for their cooperation in observing the conditions by which we had to abide. I hope you all enjoyed the camaraderie and friendship of like-minded people as much as I did.



http://meridiansculpture.com
Thanks to Meridian Foundry for their support
67 sculptors entered 130 works and there were 4 sales. Congratulations to those who sold work and also to those sculptors who received awards. I received very positive comments about the standard of work by both the general public and management of Bourke Place.

As you will know nothing is perfect and of course many people have made observations positive and negative about the suitability of the venue, the placement of work, marking of works, publicity etc.

Finding a suitable venue was not easy as I walked the city putting proposals to the managements of many buildings before we were accepted at 600 Bourke Street. For that reason I think if we are accepted we should exhibit there again next year. Exhibiting in a place repeatedly can be an advantage as we have found in the past. However if anyone is prepared to find a more suitable venue the committee will be happy to consider alternatives.

With these comments in mind I would appreciate feed back from members with your observations and also what actions can be taken to improve. Please email me on: gmps.govan@bigpond.com

Finally I want to thank all our sponsors who gave us prize money and vouchers for services and products. The Meszaros family, Australian Decorative and Fine Arts Society Yarra, An anonymous donor, The Gunnersen family, Dalchem Pty Ltd, CMP Stone Masons Supplies, Art Almanac, Kooyonga Creek Winery and Meridian Fine Art Foundry. Their contributions are most appreciated.

The great wine, music and food contributed greatly to the success of the opening night. The musicians and Wine Maker can be contacted through me on 0412122884 or above email address
remember the fine wine at the opening?
Thanks Kooyonga!

Finally it has been a great pleasure and rewarding experience working as a team with a great committee, but it is time for others to take a turn. I know there are members with great management and organisation skills and I do earnestly request that you offer to form a committee to run next year’s exhibition. To this end I will be putting together a manual which can be used as a basis for future Exhibitions.

 
I look forward to hearing from you
Gillian Govan (Exhibition Coordinator

No comments: