The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

Kerry Strauss - our speaker on 10 February

Kerry Strauss in a glass artist and her website is here:
http://www.luminousglass.com.au/

Quoting from her site:

I began my fascination with the medium of glass, when I did an elective at the Meat Market warm glass studio at RMIT.

From my home studio in East Brunswick, I explore the medium of glass in my sculpture practise and I design and make kiln formed bowls, vases and platters, as well as windchimes made from recycled glass bottles

In my sculpture practice I explores the theme of transformation as I takes old vases, bowls and bottles and fires them to melting point in the kiln over a wire framework. The origins of each piece of glass are unknown so the resulting piece is completely unique.

The meeting will be held in the large room at the end of the corridor at the Ashburton Baptist Church meeting rooms - where we held the AGM. So there will be room for everyone!

See you there at 7:30pm on Wednesday 10th February for our first meeting of 2016.

No comments: