The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

From the President

Hi all,

 Well I am back in the chair again. I didn’t have to campaign like Donald Trump…. There was no competition! However this is my last year so I would like someone to help out and take over next year please.

This year started very well with a very inspiring talk by Sonia Payse and then a visit to the National Gallery to hear from Bruce Armstrong about his amazing sculptures.

It was interesting that the key message of both sculptors was… make art. Make as much as you can. Enjoy making it for the sake of making it. Nobody sees your ideas while they are in your head. 
 
Things are taking shape for the Herring Island Exhibition so please put in your entries and enjoy seeing some of your ideas as part of the Summer Arts Festival.

I am writing this letter in haste as I am going to Burma tomorrow. So Hope you will excuse my short message to you…….

Happy Sculpting
Gillian Govan

No comments: