The Association of Sculptors of Victoria is an inclusive, not-for-profit collective of contemporary artists whose purpose is to inspire,stimulate and advance the appreciation, creation, and exploration of three-dimensional art in society.

The Final Word...

Hi All,
As many of you will know I resigned as President of the Association of Sculptors at the AGM. I was disappointed that I was unable to find anyone to replace me. However, Yvonne Monik is now Vice President. Yvonne is very willing and capable but works full time and is also continuing to be very involved with our exhibitions. It would be great if someone would step up to help her.

I am also very aware that I have not achieved everything I would have liked during my term. We need a home, we need more sponsors, we need more funds to be able to offer more enticing prizes. Our speaker at the AGM was Melanie Guile who spoke about writing the history of the ASV. There was a positive response from those attending the meeting. However this requires funding which will involve investigation and applying for grants.

I hope I can still be involved in moving forward on all these issues but we need the participation of members who have more experience than I have. Thanks to those who have already put up their hands, but please contact the committee if you can assist in any way.

Being president has been a huge learning curve for me. 12 years ago I volunteered to write the minutes of a meeting and I have been on the committee ever since.

I had never done any public speaking and the monthly presidents letter was a challenge but I have learnt so much and have met so many delightful people so I do not regret that early impulse one bit.

Thank you all for your contribution in making my time as president so worthwhile and rewarding.

Thanks especially to the committee. We have had a lot of fun along the way.

Gillian

No comments: